An exciting opportunity for a Financial Controller has become available within the Tom Raffield team.
Job Title: Financial Controller
Reporting to: Finance & Business Manager
Salary: £25,000 to £35,000
Closing date for applications: 11/08/2017
Established in 2008, Tom Raffield design and make a range of contemporary furniture and lighting that is beautiful in form and practical in function. With wholesale and individual customer bases, each Tom Raffield product is hand-made by a skilled set of craftsmen and individually finished with the care and attention of a fine piece of art. The business has built and continues to build a fantastic reputation within a luxury market and as a result requires a talented and dedicated Financial Controller to help continue this success.
To manage and oversee the financial function within the company. To support the business owner and management team with internal strategic and operational projects.
This is a unique opportunity to secure a role in a rapidly growing and innovative creative business which has a global customer base. The Tom Raffield workforce is a small, but passionate group of people who are looking to create a strong management team with the Financial Controller as a central figure.
Management & Strategy
• Support the management team with monthly Management Accounts, financial analysis and all other reports as required, as well as annual strategic plans and overseeing company performance against agreed measures.
• Support all departments by providing financial information as required.
• Plan and manage change in accordance with the company plan and support the achievement of company KPIs.
• Undertake tasks outside of the main function of the role as and when required to support the wider team.
• Produce monthly Management Accounts and any other financial reports as required.
• Provide all costings for current and new products as well as bespoke items, providing the financial basis for ongoing portfolio analysis.
• Manage stock accuracy and valuations.
• Evaluate information and consult with the management team to prepare and manage realistic and balanced budgets for the financial year.
• Propose revisions to the budget if necessary, in response to significant or unforeseen developments.
• Produce and maintain sales forecasts and report on variances.
• Set and monitor minimum stock levels.
• Use the agreed budget to actively monitor and control performance to achieve accuracy and value for money.
• Identify and inform the management team of the causes of significant variance and take prompt corrective action.
• Ensure complete and accurate accounting including VAT.
• Provide ongoing budgetary & sales information to relevant managers.
• Manage and update company cash flow and book keeping function, accurately recording expenditure and updating forward forecasts.
• Manage the purchase ledger and all expenditure control.
• Manage the sales ledger, credit control and any other credit checks as required.
• Maintain a strategic financial plan that will indicate the trends and requirements of the company plan and will forecast future year budgets.
• Identify additional finance required to fund the company’s proposed activities.
• Seek and make use of specialist financial expertise as required.
• Help maximise revenues and profitability.
• Coordinate annual financial returns with company accountants.
• Complete all funding applications and keep accurate records as required.
• Manage Payroll.
• Ensure all required insurances are in place.
The successful candidate will:
• Be CIMA / ACA / ACCA Qualified.
• Have experience in a similar role.
• Have a strong background in finance, budget management and reporting with an analytical focus.
• Be a confident person with a professional but personable character.
• Have excellent numeracy, literacy and IT skills especially MS Excel as well as experience of a number of accounting systems.
• Be able to communicate clearly, concisely and diplomatically, verbally and in writing.
• Have experience of managing people.
• Be passionate and committed to contributing towards a growing company.
• Have the ability to work as part of a small but fast-growing team as well being able to work independently, manage time effectively and prioritise workload under pressure.
• Be hardworking, committed and interested in the challenge of working for an exciting young business going through rapid growth.
To apply please send your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date for applications is Friday 11th August.